Sonntag, 7. September 2014

The play of colours - Kek Lok Si Temple in Penang


Colours, colours, colours *.* They are probably the coolest thing about visiting a temple. And the interaction with the surroundings is just....I cannot even find a word for it. I'm just so amazed by the various shapes, wall paintings, designs and colour choices which is why I basically don't leave out a chance to visit a temple. As a result it is hardly surprising that I was so excited about going to one of the biggest temples in South East Asia: Kek Lok Si. The beautiful complex is located on a hill in a village called Air Itam (Penang/ Malaysia) and therefore surrounded by lots of greenery. To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect. I was only told that it is definitely worth a visit and the temple lover I am I decided to block a whole Saturday for the trip. All I can say is, go and see yourself. Even though the temple is a tiny bit touristy you will not be disappointed.  In my opinion, Kek Lok Si just goes under the motto EXPLORING. There are so many things to see and take photos of. And when you reach the top (no worries, there is a small train, so you don't have to walk in the heat) you will be rewarded with a gorgeous view of Penang. After taking thousands of pictures and exploring each and every corner I even had some chill-out time under a tree. Man,that was idyllic!! Even thinking of it brings back old memories and this soothing feeling of relaxation. On that note, I wish you all a relaxed and easygoing Sunday.

Sunny Greetings


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen